Arena Of Valor: 5 Best Game Modes; All You Need To Know
Tencent Games and Garena’s multiplayer online battle arena (MOBA) most recent title named game Arena of Valor (Honor of Kings in China) is gaining immense popularity in Southeast Asia. If you are new to the game, then here’s a guide about all that you need to know about Arena of Valor.
Arena of Valor Controls
Arena of Valor controls are simple and straightforward. The joystick can be found on the lower left side. The joystick can be used to move heroes in any direction of your choice.
On the lower right side you will find a picture of a clenched fist, this is your ‘normal attack’ button,
Just above the normal attack button you can find your hero’s skills. The first skill above the attack button is the hero’s ultimate. As you become more experienced at the game and level up, you will be able to see an upgrade (+) button right above the skills. Pressing this button you can upgrade your hero.
Arena of Valor Teams and roles
A team in Arena of Valor consists of five players each having different roles.
- Tank – Tank is the hero that soaks up all the damage. It usually has the highest health among all of the team.
- Warrior – Warriors are melee heroes having high attack statistics and a decent amount of HP. These are usually played in the Dark Slayer lane.
- Assassin – Assassins like to roam around the map. They gain experience by killing jungle monsters and performing ganks to help get their laners ahead.
- Mage – The mid lane is the mage’s playground. They have magic abilities to deal burst damage against enemies.
- Marksman – Marksman heroes, located on on the opposite side of the map, are assigned to the Abyssal Dragon lane at bot. Their basic attacks of Marksman scale off items.
- Support – Support heroes can sustain, heal, and provide crowd control for the team. They act as babysitters for Marksman heroes early in the game in the Abyssal Dragon lane.
Arena of Valor Map and the brush
- The map in Arena of Valor consists of three lanes. These lanes have brushes, the jungle and towers in between.
- By hiding in the brush, players get a vision share effect. This means that teammates will be able to share your vision of an enemy hero.
- Each side of the map has a total of nine defense towers. Three are located at the top, three in the middle, and bottom lane. Tier 1 towers are located at the most distance from the base. Tier 3 towers are those located within the base.
- On every team’s base is the core, also called the nexus. The first team to destroy the base wins the game.