5 Most Controversial and Hated Characters in One Piece
One Piece, a globally acclaimed anime and manga series, boasts an enormous fan base. However, amidst the adoration for the series, there are certain characters who find themselves at the receiving end of intense criticism and disdain. In this article, we will delve into the reasons behind the significant amount of hate directed toward five controversial characters in One Piece. By exploring their actions and traits that evoke anger, we aim to shed light on the intense emotions they stir among fans.
- Saint Charloss: As a Celestial Dragon, Saint Charloss holds one of the highest positions in the One Piece world. However, his character is characterized by cruelty and sadism, as he revels in his perceived superiority over others. With a penchant for torturing and killing people for his personal amusement, he even goes as far as attempting to have the protagonist, Luffy, assassinated.
- Akainu: Serving as the formidable Fleet Admiral of the Navy, Akainu stands as one of the most powerful figures in the series. Known for his ruthlessness and lack of mercy, he firmly believes in maintaining order through fear and violence. Akainu demonstrates an unwavering commitment to his cause, leaving behind a trail of destruction in his pursuit of justice.
- Hody Jones: Leader of the Fishmen Pirates, Hody Jones epitomizes racism and xenophobia in One Piece. He holds a deep-seated belief in the superiority of fishmen over humans, leading him to orchestrate acts of terror against the latter. His attempts to instigate a war between humans and fishmen showcase the extent of his vile ideology.
- Arlong: As the captain of the Arlong Pirates, Arlong spent years instilling fear and torment in the East Blue region. His character is defined by his racism and cruelty, firmly convinced that fishmen reign supreme over humans. Arlong subjects humans to enslavement and executes those who dare defy his authority, leaving a path of suffering and despair in his wake.
- Spandam: Holding the position of Vice Admiral in the Navy, Spandam embodies corruption and cowardice. Driven solely by self-interest, he is willing to sacrifice others to advance his own position. Enjoying the infliction of pain on others, Spandam personifies sadism and abuses his authority for personal gain.
These five characters represent just a fraction of the individuals in One Piece who attract significant hate. Countless others could have been mentioned due to their controversial nature. Nonetheless, these characters stand out among the most reviled in the series, and their actions leave little room for sympathy. Their cruelty, sadism, racism, corruption, and disregard for human life have sparked a strong aversion among fans.
As a One Piece enthusiast, you might have your own list of characters whom you despise. Even if these characters do not elicit hatred from you personally, it is understandable why they provoke such intense emotions in many viewers. Ultimately, they embody various forms of wickedness and have committed heinous acts that are hard to forgive.